February 16, 2009

later in life lift

I was thinking today, per usual, about what I want to do post graduation when I remembered an article I had read this past weekend on becoming a professional creative perfumer which, of course, warranted a google search. My musings brought me to GIP, a school en France that teaches it's students all there is to this olfactory career.

And I figure, I like smelling things and I like to think that I smell things exceptionally well, so why not put that into the bin of Prospective Career Plans.

Which would place it along side my latest PCP: folkologist. I don't know if this is necessarily the proper terminology but I do know that I happen to love folk music and have begun to build quite the folk library. Additionally, I love to read and I could just as easily read folklore as I could anything else on my bookshelf. So again, why not?

After I pondered these two viable options, I thought very seriously about applying for an internship at Paper Magazine. I rather love clothes, music, movies, New York City but I don't think I have what it takes to shove my head up my ass and still enjoy the view. I guess it would be presumptuous to assume everyone at Paper Magazine loves tooting their own horn but I'd also say it's probably a pretty safe bet.

At the same time, I might be willing to learn. I mean, who doesn't want to think they're awesome and wear fabulous clothes, visit fabulous places, eat fabulous food and drink fabulous champagne? They certainly look like they're enjoying it.

No comments:

Post a Comment